Growth Groups is an interactive ministry of Good Shepherd. Each week, small group Bible studies meet in members’ homes or at Good Shepherd and discuss how the Sunday message applies to their lives. Growth Groups are open to all, even if you’re not a member at Good Shepherd. It’s a great way to come in contact with God’s Word and experience what Good Shepherd is all about!
For more information, contact Pastor Johnson email@example.com
WORSHIP WITH US
8:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
Sunday School & Bible Study
Growth Groups FAQ
You might have all sorts of questions about Growth Groups. Here are answers to some of the more common questions.
How do I join?
Register here for the Fall Quarter. Pick a group based off its meeting and time and location that works for you!
How often do groups meet?
– Groups will meet every other week during the Fall Quarter. Growth Groups will agree on their meeting schedule the first session.
Are Growth Groups different from Sunday morning Bible studies?
– Yes. While both are centered on God’s Word, Growth Groups puts an emphasis on growing in your relationship with other Christians as well. Growth Group studies apply the message from Sunday to my life and my relationship with God and those around me.
Do I have to be a member of Good Shepherd?
– No! You don’t need to be a member of Good Shepherd to attend a Growth Group. Each time the study will be based on the message heard at Good Shepherd that week but you’ll still be able to participate even if you weren’t there to hear the message.
What if I miss a Sunday and don’t hear the sermon?
– That’s ok. You are still able to participate in a Growth Group study just fine. If you want to know what the sermon was about before your Growth Group, a copy of the sermon is downloadable from www.gswels.org. We are also working towards providing podcasts of the sermon online.
What if I can’t make one of the Growth Group meetings?
– That’s ok too. When you join a Growth Group, you’re making a commitment to attend as often as possible. But it’s a fact of life that you can’t always make every time. Remember that you’ll only be able to take away as much as you put into Growth Groups. Don’t worry; Growth Group quarters are designed to not consume your entire schedules.
What if I prefer to listen and not speak?
– No problem. With Growth Groups we hope people will be able to grow in their relationship with Christ and other Christians while being themselves. Some of us like to talk and some of us like to listen. Grow and participate in whatever way you feel comfortable.
Do I have to be in a Growth Group all year long?
– Growth Groups were designed with flexibility in mind. When you commit to a Growth Group, you’re committing to one quarter (typically 6-8 weeks long). Each quarter you’ll be given a chance to continue with your current group, change groups, or take a break from Growth Groups. Growth Groups are an important part of Good Shepherd, but we know there might be a time when life prevents you from being involved for a quarter.
When are the Growth Group Quarters?
– The 2019-2020 Fall Quarter begins the week of September 8 and ends the week of November 17. The Winter Quarter begins the week of January 5 and ends the week of February 16. The Spring Quarter begins the week of April 19 and ends the week of May 17. We do our best to avoid any conflicts with Advent and Lent and busy, stressful times that the holidays can bring.
What if my Growth Group just doesn’t work for me?
– It’s ok to admit a certain group just doesn’t work for you. You can still be members in the body of Christ! Every Growth Group quarter has a three week “buy-in” period where you can leave a group and try a new one no questions asked. If you want to try a new group after a quarter, go ahead and sign up for a new group.